- Award presented annually at UnITE SpLD Conference in June each year.
- The Award will not be awarded that year if there is no worthy recipient.
- Nominees not limited to Singaporeans and can be current or former staff of DAS.
- DAS management will recommend the recipient for the approval of the DAS Executive Committee. Nominations can also be made by a member of the public.
- The DAS Executive Committee's decision will be final.
Emeritus Professor Angela Fawcett
Professor Fawcett has been instrumental in initiating the research efforts and culture at DAS. She is the Editor-in-Chief of our Asia Pacific Journal of Developmental Differences first published in 2014. There has been seven issues of APJDD since and include articles from local and overseas contributors as well as many research articles from DAS staff. Angela is also the editor of the annual DAS Handbook which has reports on the evaluation of all DAS programmes as well as additional essays. There has since been three Handbooks since 2014. Angela also sits on the DAS Research Committee which has prompted, guided and encouraged DAS colleagues to submit DAS research to the above publications as well as to various local and overseas conferences including the upcoming UnITE SpLD Conference. Programme evaluation and research of our efforts is critical to DAS as it adds reliability to the efficacy of our programmes and services. I am grateful that today, DAS can be considered a "research organization" and the whole of DAS is actively involved in research efforts. Angela's contribution to the evolvement of this research culture at DAS cannot be over-emphasised and she is most worthy to be the first recipient of the inaugural Dr Jimmy Daruwalla Award.